Making the Mojito
2 oz Ten to One White Rum
0.75 oz Lime Juice
0.75 oz Simple Syrup
7 - 10 Mint Leaves
Soda Water to top
- In a tall glass, gently muddle the mint leaves into the simple syrup, being careful to express the oils from the leaves without crushing them into a pulp.
- Add the lime juice, rum and stir.
- Top with crushed ice.
- Add the soda water and gently agitate with a bar spoon to integrate.
- Top the glass with a small mound of crushed ice.
- Garnish with a generous sprig of mint and a straw.